Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Ladies...Let's Talk About Fear

When we think of fear, what do we imagine?  Fear of flying?  Or fear of dying?  Or the fear of not being a good mother to our children?  Fear comes in many shapes, forms, and sizes. The kind of fear I am referring to is the fear of ourselves.  What keeps us from taking that first step to do something greater?
For almost ten years, I had contemplated time and time again about becoming an English and writing teacher - ten years!  Now let me tell you, I am in my late forties now and just completed my AA degree.  This Fall I will start the Bachelor program for my teaching degree which will take another two years plus an internship for four months at a middle or high school. I admit, it was a little strange sitting in a classroom with most students half my age, but I am there for the exact same purpose as they are.  I've thought to myself many times "if you just would of done it ten years ago".  So by the time I finish I will be about 51 years of age.  But guess what?  It is also totally worth it.  I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and am extremely enthusiastic about what I am about to achieve.  The feeling of accomplishment is tremendous!
But what about you?  If you desire, down deep in your soul, whether it be a career change or travel plans, or anything you've been longing for, just do it!  There is no time like the present.  Many times it is commonplace to put off our desires or settle for something less because it is easier to do so.  After all, we are always busy with the everyday hustle and bustle of our lives, right?  There is a reason your desires are constantly in the back of your mind - you are meant to do it.  They will keep wrestling inside your mind, longing to be set free and put into action. Conquer those fears and put these steps into action:
  1. Start small. Focus on the immediate goal and not the end result.
  2. Have faith.  Put faith in yourself and trust the achievement is possible.
  3. Let go.  At times, we hold on to something because we feel it empowers us; however, holding on only weakens us.
Ladies, grab those goals and achieve them!!  Kick those fears to the curb and show them who the real woman in charge is!

No comments:

Post a Comment